March 18, 2007

Just a rupee more

The fare is just a rupee more,
'Whom would it hurt,' He asks me how,
I'll have to walk it anyways,
My land is too lonely to find home easy;
I think of you, I think of how I would have fought,
If you were around, I would have respected
My discomfort.

I come home to find enlightenment flickering,
Behind what I thought was convenience,
My new shirt has a stain, it flickers on and off,
In a home that feels emptier when people come by.
I cannot tell them, how I've never seen you,
How I've never felt, hurt or tasted you,
I can never tell them how,
I would have washed the stain off,
If you were around.

The terrace embraces me,
The wind whistles past my face,
City lights begin to sleep in the distance,
And I wonder if the lamp by your bed side,
Slowly dies as the two of you make love.

After all you do know best,
After all you are the wiser one,
After all, I am just a child,
Who found herself, whilst lost in you.
So make love soft and tender,
Your body against hers flickering and fermenting,
In the wine of my baggage, my only light.

2 comments:

Monolith... said...

wow. you're good. really good.

Anonymous said...

wow.. thats real deep... and very well written.