April 5, 2007

K's Request

"Write something for me,"
"Why would I do so?"
"Write something for me,
And you'll know why and agree."

I know words seem glamourous,
Spetacular, dazzling,
Explosive and tempestuous,
I find them seductive too.

I know words seem intimidating,
Structure, form and sentences,
Meaning and loss, expression tainted,
I find them incredulous too.

But you, you I'll spare,
Not because I'm at a loss,
Of what to write, what not to,
What to say, what not to.

I'll spare you from expression,
Unbound and unflinched,
Within these words, beyond their spaces,
Stay a while longer.

What are these words, mere temperament,
Love forgotten, routine besieged,
What are these words when your silence shines,
When paranoia seems, a reason for a smile.

Fly, sing, wish and sigh,
I'll write some more,
I want to trap you between these words,
Within sepia paper and crowded thoughts.

No comments: