June 16, 2007

For K

And in these spaces,
Where everything must cure,
You and I might find solace,
In separate loves, deceptively pure.

This string of memories will pierce,
These spaces seemingly healing,
Your worried sighs will float and eddy,
Through lonely nights, stealing

A glorious song once, you dawned,
Your morning call was my midnight waking,
You were lost and I was found,
Our hearts in between pawned and taken.

Indifference bears no consequence,
You can never make me numb,
You heighten and stupefy my senses,
My skin trembles and falls in crumbs.

Here in stealth, I shall reside,
If you ever want to snuggle and hide,
Here in stealth, I shall hope and wait,
For better times and a better tide.

And one day when these spaces contract,
Our worlds might meet,
When riots have died down, all batons frozen,
Let me rest in your permanence sweet.

1 comment:

Amitha Singh said...

'tis for the ever after in its own sweet way...