June 21, 2007

I might loathe this ground,
These battles for naught,
I might walk another ten miles,
And forego those arrows we bought.

Yes I hate the sun so bright,
Its seething smile rains false,
I prefer the clouds so clear,
So clear that if we let go, we fall.

This armour does not protect,
It is but a burden of iron,
This armour shields me from arrows,
That drop at your sight and burn.

I am no fool love, I have fallen,
I loathe this ground I walk on,
My bruises will take time to heal,
You are but my healing dawn.

Stand up and fight, this armour waits
To break under your impatient blows,
Stand up and fight, I won’t look away,
The sword is just another friendly foe.

Cut me deep and wound me right,
The absence of a vein might help,
Forget and pause these unending journeys,
Forever on a ground that loathes me.

1 comment:

Amitha Singh said...

Soon, very soon... the pain will be no more. But, I'm sure you already know that anyway!