August 25, 2007

Of all the things love extracts,
The structure of routine,
The little bitter secret stack,
Poems from forgotten journeys,
Maple leaf bookmarks and silent learnings,
Random smiles along a busy day,
Stolen words from quiet nights,
Tastes you hate over tastes you like,
Of all the things love extracts,
And all that it gives back so more,
Make that painful exception darling,
And part with my sleep for tonight.

I think of you over a beaten clock,
Time weathers down as it follows my heart,
I still think of stories to tell,
That lonely princess by the temple bell,
Love likes its stone dice slippery smooth,
No edge left for the luck of a rook,
Follow the streams and walk the line,
Throw in a storm and these words resign,
So much for courage, I ask nothing more,
Just my sleep darling, the rest is yours assured.

No comments: