August 20, 2007

Strange that you look so lost in your tea,
Wish you were as lost in me?
I see nebulae in your ripples of thought,
Are you settling within the war that is your heart?
Strange that light still bends when you appear
In my lonely dreams.

I read about wormholes today,
Under a dark grey sky,
The old man talked about travel between worlds,
Contraction of space and the speed of light.
Would it be unfair to use science
As a reason for love,
And ask you to escape with me?

Midnight parties with fluttering silk gowns,
And you said we will be sorry along the way,
You kept whispering it as we waltzed,
To the night and faint moons of the day.
Do you miss me like I do, the good old me you knew,
That person who stole herself away,
Along with you?

Space might bend and time might agree,
Light is but slow when compared to how I flee
From the absence of your voice and the pain it brings;
These puppet shows and their weak, nimble strings,
Are just a way of remembering,
Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Amitha Singh said...

Yup! Tomorrow is another day and another life to live! :)