October 5, 2007

You enjoyed it, did you not?
Long black stockings
That ran up to your thigh,
Where did you hide
Those lovely white stockings?
Do they sweat innocence still?

I envy all those people
Who can sell their soul;
All those poems of righteousness,
Are but another insipid way
Of justifying what we truly are,
Underneath the white light.

Then again, I see your skin and mine,
The likeness is discomforting,
If you are as jaded as I am,
Why do you like your black stockings?
Maybe we can look at everything
Like a red blur, simply passing by.

I cling to my ring,
It's my only permanence,
My tattoo will only fade,
Isn't that pleasantly comforting?
You walk in and out
In the dead of the night,
And I think again,
When we're so miserable apart,
Why do you like your black stockings?

No comments: